Different methods for users to join your Community and Project
This article applies to Team and Legacy editions.
A critical part of Centercode's Recruiting, Invitation Types are the various pathways your users can take to join your Community or Project. Invitation Types track and determine how your testers are brought into your portal. You can have as many Invitation Types as makes sense for your Opportunities.
For example, you might have multiple Email Lists provided from marketing, a couple URLs posted on your website or during events, and referrals routing users into your Community or Project.
In order to keep track of everyone you targeted and/or invited, Invitation Types generate Recruitment Pools - compiled lists of all the potential users associated with your Recruitment. For information on options for viewing, managing, and contacting users in these lists, check out our Recruitment Pools article.
The following are the various types of Invitation Types available within a given Recruitment. Each have their own unique functions and benefits. Click the titles for more information, potential use-cases, and helpful tips:
- Open invitation types - Provide various options to create a customizable URL to your Recruitment landing page.
- I’ll use an email list I already have to send users an invitation - Generate an Recruitment Pool of email addresses by adding a list manually or via uploaded CSV/XLSX.
- I’ll invite users based on a filtered list of my community members - Generate an Recruitment Pool of email addresses by adding a list manually or via uploaded CSV/XLSX.
- I’ll provide users with single-use keys (e.g. beta keys) - Generate single-use keys to distribute to potential users.
- I’ll create a referral campaign that lets users refer other users - Give existing users the ability to refer a set number of their friends or colleagues to the team(s) of your choice.
- I’ll grant users on specific community teams automatic access to the project - Grant immediate access for chosen Community Team(s) to join your Project. (Project Only)