Allow users to email reply into feedback comments
Centercode offers a friction-free email-reply integration through POP. Once configured, users who can reply directly to new comment notification emails to have their replies posted directly into the comments section of the feedback ticket rather than logging into your Centercode implementation to leave a comment.
If you would like to this integration enabled , please email the details below to firstname.lastname@example.org or just start a conversation using the chat widget and we'll get it setup ASAP.
The information that we will need (assistance from your IT team may be required) in order to assist you in setting this up will be the following:
- POP server address *
- Email address (POP inbox)
- POP Username / Password
This may require changes to your Firewall and/or IP White-list rules.
- This feature requires Centercode Impact Edition or equivalent
- Replies must be made from the email address to which the notification was originally sent. Comment notifications can not be forwarded to another user or email address.
- Replies must be made by clicking "Reply" within the user's email client. This causes the email client to add a specific "In-Reply-To" header to the resulting reply email and is used to relate the reply to the original post.
- Once this Integration is configured for your site, you will notice a new email footer automatically included in Follow (and Subscription) Notification emails.
- Centercode does not accept formatted replies. The platform will utilize copy that is provided in plain text format, including plain text sent alongside a formatted variant. For security reasons, if a plain text variant of this reply is not sent, Centercode will remove all formatting from the reply and utilize the remaining copy as the body of the resulting Comment.