|This Article Applies To:|
|Impact Edition||Pro Edition||Team Edition||Legacy Edition|
If you find that you have two User Accounts for a single User you can choose to merge one into the other. The resulting action will remove User 1 from the system and all data in the Community or Projects will then belong to User 2.
From the Community Homepage:
- Search the user in the Knowledge Base search bar at the top right corner of your page
- Click on the User
- Click the Merge button under the heading at the top of the main body area.
- Insert Usernames for User 1 and User 2 fields to search for and select the two desired Users to be merged.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
- Verify the data on the following page then click Confirm Merge when satisfied.
You have successfully merged two User Accounts into a single User Account.
- Manage Users Role
- This action is Irreversible and cannot be undone. Please be sure the merge is correct before finalizing.
- For a more detailed description of what happens to User data when a merge is performed, see this article.
- This will be the typical solution to the user-facing error message "This Community only allows one account per email address."