Upload your files for your users to download
If you have an External File for your Project Release, you can choose to set a Link within Centercode that routes Users to the download URL.
From the Project Homepage:
- Click Management>Releases in the drop-down menu in the navigation bar.
- Click the table cell of the desired Release.
- Click the Attached Files heading to pop the section open.
- Click the Link File link under the External Files section.
- Fill out the Link Label and URL, as well as any other desired information.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to confirm.
You have successfully linked an External File to your Project Release.
- Manage Releases Role
- Releases containing links that route or lead to the Project in some fashion will not be usable as a Project Notice. The Notice requirement to submit the page supersedes the ability to follow the link (for security purposes), and as such the link will be unusable until the Notice requirement has been fulfilled.
- URL parameters should contain everything that appears in the URL link you are using after the "?" symbol. Everything prior to the "?" symbol should be included in the URL field. The "?" symbol is not required in either the URL link or the URL Parameters.
- External download attempts can be logged in a similar manner to local file downloads (via the "Log Download Attempt" check box), however only the attempt to download is logged. After the attempt is made, we have no additional data we can collect on errors or cancellations after-the-fact.