|This Article Applies To:|
|Impact Edition||Pro Edition||Team Edition||Legacy Edition|
The small icon corresponding to a webpage (located on the left-hand side of your browser's tabs, bookmarks, and favorites) is called a Favicon and is a particular type of image file, an ".ICO" image. You can choose which image you want to make into a Favicon and utilize it in your site by performing the following steps:
Creating the .ICO image
- Create a new (or crop an existing) image with your logo or branding.
- Save the file as a JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, or BMP format.
- Navigate to an ICO generator (we recommend Dynamic Drive).
- Follow the site's directions to upload your image, convert it, and save the resulting .ICO image file.
Applying the icon
Click Here to view a video of the process designed to accompany the steps listed below:
From the Community Homepage:
- Click the upper-left hand corner drop down menu, hover over Community Administration to expand the menu.
- Click All Community Tools
- Click the Visual Themes button in the Primary Configuration area.
- Select your Theme under the Names list of the Visual Theme Manager page.
- Under the Logos heading, scroll to the Favicon heading.
- Click the Attach File link, then click Choose File and select your new .ICO image.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to confirm the change to the theme.
You have successfully edited the favicon for your implementation!
- Manage Community Role
- If you use a Bookmark Icon on your corporate website, you can ask your web development team for the image and use that in Centercode, too. They might also be able to show you an ideal logo image to turn into an .ICO file if the .ICO doesn't already exist.