|This Article Applies To:|
|Impact Edition||Pro Edition||Team Edition||Legacy Edition|
Regarding media files throughout Centercode, we recommend creating a Content Type specifically for the storage and linking of these files (a Utility Bucket). Newer implementations will already come with a Utility / Images Content Type, but for implementations looking to create a Utility Bucket from scratch, follow these steps:
From the Community Homepage:
- Click the Content link in the navigation bar.
- Click the New Content link to the right of the desired Content Type.
- Give your Content a Title, then open up the Attached Files section.
- Click the Attach File link under the Local Files (Uploaded) section.
- Select a an option from the Security drop-down (see notes below).
- Browse for the desired media file, then select it and click Open to attach.
- Repeat steps 5 - 7, until all desired media files are uploaded to the Content.
- Complete the rest of the Content page as desired (generally you want to disable all Team Access to this Content).
- Click the Submit button when satisfied.
You have successfully stored media files for use throughout Centercode.
- Manage Content Role
- Existing Content Type to create new Content within
- To retrieve the link to an image, view the Content, and then right-click the file. Select to "Copy URL/Link/Address." This URL can be pasted into other locations as desired.
- Selecting the Secure option on the file will require a user attempting to View the image to be logged in to Centercode. Not Secure will allow users not logged in to Centercode to view the image provided they have the link to it. Typically you will want to use Not Secure on these images to allow anyone with a link to be able to view them from outside Centercode. This is particularly useful for placing an image on a Recruitment, for example.